Friday, September 24, 2010

Weekly Menu






I haven't forgotten my weekly menu, I just had to make the weekly grocery run last night so I didn't have time to post. I got out my Deceptively Delicious cookbook to get some new healthy recipes...I am getting tired of the same ole thing! I won't be putting in purees of other veggies (which is the whole point of her book/method) this time, but I will be using the recipes themselves because they are good!

Here goes the menu:

Tonight: Family is coming in, so I am not sure what we are going to do for dinner.

Saturday: Vegetable soup, my mama's recipe (to come) that I have made a few minor changes to

Sunday: Leftovers

Monday: Chicken quesadillas

Tuesday: Lasagna (recipe from Deceptively Delicious--to come)

Wednesday: Chicken, homemade mac n cheese, and rice balls

Thursday: Chicken and steamed veggies

Breakfasts will be oatmeal, whole wheat oats with fruit and brown sugar mixed in (Jude), and eggs & toast (me).

Lunches will be pb&j (I found a great jelly without high fructose corn sugar in it!), or leftovers.

Oh! And I am trying my first bread baking session today. Hopefully it will turn out well. I will post about it, for sure!

No comments: