Friday, September 10, 2010

A great little discovery

While Jude and I are eating grapes, doing our daily music lesson (first a classical piece - Brahms's Hungarian Dance was actually a neat little piece...and then he asked for Elmo's Song, go figure), I thought I'd share a fun little discovery I made this morning. As I was preparing my eggs, usually scrambled because I am just that lame and unoriginal, I was trying to think of a new way to spice them up. Literally. So, as they were cooking, I dashed some cinnamon and curry powder in them. I know that probably sounds disgusting, but I love curry powder. I put it in a lot of things. Those Indian folk know what they're doing when it comes to curry powder. After I put that and the cinnamon in (I know. Weird, right?), I immediately regretted it. I said out loud "I bet this is going to be the most disgusting batch of eggs ever made" because I have to admit, it smelled kind of weird. I was prepared to eat something that resembled the taste of sandpaper...or vomit...but certainly not eggs. When I took my first bite, I was skeptical, but it actually was quite tasty. It gave the eggs a little something extra, but not too much extra. Keep in mind, I just sprinkled a dash of both on there while they were cooking in the skillet. Don't go throwing the whole container in there, or you will be sorry for sure.

Seriously, try it. You just might be surprised!

Tonight may be a homemade chicken noodle/potato soup kind of night. I know soups are usually a winter kind of meal, but I can get away with it since it's fall now, right?


I have to include the daily dose of cuteness. Ezra likes crackers...sometimes. When he can figure out what to do with them.




1 comment:

brandi said...

Nice! Lately I've been sprinkling Paprika on a lot of things -- especially potato wedges!

And it's already soup season up here in the mountains! I've already made a big ol' pot of Roasted Butternut Squash soup and it was delicious! Perfect for fall weather!