Thursday, August 26, 2010

Last night's dinner menu

Ok, I think steaming veggies is my new favorite way to cook all veggies. I fixed a chicken, veggie, pasta casserole last night and it was tasty! I actually made a sauce that was good to go in the casserole. The base was a half a can of both cream of chicken, cream of celery, some half n half, and a bunch of other things-some wheat flour (I only use wheat flour now, no white), cheese, lots of different spices, and even a little almond milk. I know that sounds weird, but it tasted pretty good! I am trying to learn how to make my own recipes by just throwing stuff together. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I also needed to make something that produced enough leftovers so that we all had something to eat for lunch today!

Here are the veggies...I included squash this time. I'm not a big fan of squash, but I am branching out by trying veggies I don't each very much. It gets tiring eating the same ole same ole after awhile. Besides, I thought I could disguise it in the casserole with the other veggies.
The finished product. It doesn't look near as good as it tasted!
Mr. F is not a casserole person. In fact, I refrained from using that word last night when he asked me what I was cooking because I didn't want him to get any preconceived ideas about it. After he finished, he said "A casserole that I actually like!" and all was well with me. (not to mention, I was feeling good and full myself) And then he went on a smoothie run for dessert, which made me almost as happy as his comment.

Stay tuned for pics of the boys...to come later!

No comments: