Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ahh, the beginning remnants of fall

Today is a beautiful day. Jude and I went outside, it was not humid and 83 degrees out. Pure loveliness. While we were walking around, looking at bugs, playing with the neighborhood cat, and trying to mosey into the neighbor's backyard, I looked around me and saw a few signs that fall is indeed coming, which made me oh, so happy!

Berries starting to sprout on our bushes...
Leaves falling to the ground...
And here, as promised...the two men in my life that take up most of my time (but are totally worth it)

Ezra is almost 7 months old now. Can you believe how fast time flies?! I will spare you the "it seems like yesterday" sentiments, but believe me, they are true. So yes, the past 7 months have flown by so much faster this second time. I want to stop time sometimes because it just happens too quickly.

Facts about little E (as we call him):
  • He weighs almost 18lbs - big boy!
  • He's 251/2 in long
  • His head it a bit on the large side...but we love it!
  • He can finally roll over both ways. It took him a long time to do this.
  • He sits up pretty well by himself. Ok...with support, but he can hold himself up for a few seconds before falling over.
  • He really loves this certain light-up noise-making toy. It's so cute to watch him grab it, watch it, hit the buttons and study it so very hard. He's really fascinated and it's so sweet.
  • My personal favorite - Jude is his favorite person. Who knew that big brother would be the only one who can make him really guffaw?
  • He loves to smile and talk to anyone who will listen. Attention is what this boy loves.

Sweet boy, you fill my heart with such joy...I so love being your mama.

What's for dinner? I have no idea. Some chicken, zucchini and something else...although I don't know what yet. If you made it to the end of this long post and are reading this, please share any relatively quick, easy and healthy recipes you have. I'd love to try them and post about it!

No comments: