Friday, October 8, 2010

My confession

I have a confession to make. I am obsessed with children's books. There. I said it. There is just something so cute and fun about those hardback, picture filled, fun-loving story books that make me giddy. I search and search for ones at the Children's Library until I have found the perfect ones, take them home and can't wait to read them...to Jude, that is. No, I am not THAT person. You know,  the one who reads children's books by themselves, just for fun. (but I have been known to look through them on my own a time or two). 

In fact, I think I love them almost as much as the books I get for myself! 

And what do I love more than just regular children's books? Topical, seasonal or holiday children's books! Jude is at that age where he is learning soooo much, so this year, I wanted to get him some Halloween books to get him familiar with the subject. Right now, I am really into monster books. Don't ask me why. I'm not even really that into Halloween. And not that I'm trying to scare my kid or anything. They are just cute! I personally won't read any vampire or ghost books to my toddler who is easily impressionable. But for some reason, I don't feel that monsters are all that bad. Here is our first stash of Halloween/monster books.


Most of them are fun monster stories, not scary at all. A few I liked. A few weren't good enough to read twice. And that one was really creepy, but true to the Halloween vampires, werewolves, mummies and dead people theme. We'll be going back for round 2 tomorrow. So, there you have it. My confession, photo included. It's all out there for the world to see now! eeek!

Another confession:
My love for babies in Halloween pajamas...

 They love each other. Promise.



No comments: