Sunday, March 30, 2008

Good week and Single Moms

Ok, so we had a really good week this week. We started implementing the Babywise schedule, where you feed the baby, them keep them awake for 30-45 mins, then put them down for their nap. We do this every 2-3 hours. It has really helped Jude to sleep better (and cry less), therefore I get to sleep some, too. Seriously, before this last week, I thought I was going to go out of my mind. I mean, I knew this whole mom/new baby thing was going to be hard, but no one talks about how hard it really is. There were times I wanted to die, literally! I just kept repeating Philippians 4:13 over and over. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Thankfully things are much better and I'm learning who Jude is and what his cries mean. The next goal will be getting him to sleep through the night, of which I'm all about. :)

Also, I've had recurring thoughts about this since I had Jude. I really have a new respect for single moms. I don't know how they do it. It's hard enough doing this with Ross helping out, I don't know if I could do it alone. I am so thankful for my husband and for him being such an awesome dad. So, hats off to you single moms out there!

And of course it wouldn't be right if I didn't post any new pictures of my little man...


I thought this picture of Ross and Jude's feet was SO cute!
Here he is holding the paci!
And then he fell asleep, but still was holding onto the paci. I think he was saving it for later. :)
And I finally got a picture with my guy. I didn't say it was the best picture, though.

No comments: