Friday, March 21, 2008

Baby Genius

Well, we took Jude to the doctor today because he's been having some tummy trouble. The doc said it was totally normal, that he probably has colic or whatever, and gave us some things to try. On another note, he weighed in at 9lbs 6oz today! The doctor's eyebrows raised up real high and he said, I quote "what are you feeding him, steak? That must be some good milk." ha! Apparently he couldn't believe Jude had gained that much weight. :) I'm so happy my boy is growing well!

Also, another really awesome thing happened today. Ross' mom stayed with us last night (and tonight) to let me get some sleep, it's been a REALLY rough week and I've been so exhausted because Jude hasn't been sleeping. Ok, I'm rambling. Anyway, that's not the awesome thing I'm talking about (although that is very awesome and sweet of her)...she said that while Jude was in her lap, he smiled really big and totally laughed! I don't know if babies can or are supposed to laugh this early, but I thought it was pretty awesome! Of course, I was a little jealous that I missed it. And Ross said that Jude laughed the other day and I missed that one too! But, just a minute ago, he totally laughed again and I got to hear it this time! It was the sweetest thing ever.
Ross' mom's speculation is that Jude is a baby genius. I think I might just have to agree.

And, of course it wouldn't be right if I didn't post any new pictures of him. I want to photo him all the time!





I could stare at this kid all day long.

No comments: