Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Shawn Richard Tillman!

So, this weekend my sweet little nephew was born! Of course I can't go without sharing the whole story.

Last Thursday night was just like any other night. I was sleeping, trying to get a few zzzs in before my kid woke up and kept me up all night long. My mom and sister were set to come visit the next day because it had been awhile since I'd seen them. I wake up at 10:45pm to Ross saying "I thought you might want to take this call..." It was my mom calling to tell me that my sister was in the hospital, she had been hurting really bad that evening and thought she was in labor. I had told my sister to let me know when she was on her way to the hospital, so I could be on my way, since I have a bit of a drive to Memphis. Well, I didn't want to get in the car and drive all that way (at midnight, no less) unless she was being admitted. I called Jamie and asked him if she was really in labor. He said yes, that she was 4cm dilated! So, of course I start running around crazy trying to pack a bag, pack Jude's bag, feed him, pack up the car, and all of this is 11:30 at night! It was raining in Memphis, and I was nervous to make the drive that late by myself, but I made the decision to go right then because I didn't want to miss it. By that time, she was 8cm dilated and it sounded like she was about to have him. I thought I was going to miss it! Thankfully, I got there in time, with an hour to spare. I even got the privilege of being in the room and being the videographer for the event. :) Shawn Tillman was born around 2:30am, April 11. He weighed 8lbs, 2oz and was 20 1/4 in. long. It was such a happy time! We didn't get back to my parent's house until 4am and I was exhausted the next day, but it was worth it. Ross joined us Friday night and we spent the weekend in Memphis with our families. Mostly, I got to spend time with my sister and her new precious baby. He is incredibly sweet, and sooo adorable. Want to see?


I miss them so much already.

And I tell you, there is nothing like seeing a new daddy with his child. Jamie has been so helpful and so protective over Shawn, it's really cute. It reminds me of Ross with Jude. Jessie was such a big help, too! She is totally smitten with her new baby brother.

I am so overjoyed that me and my sister can go through this together, it's really such a neat experience.

Oh, and Jude was so glad to meet his new cousin! We laid them on the bed next to one another and Jude looked sooo big compared to Shawn! It was so funny! Of course, you can't really tell in this pic...

I was so thankful and blessed to be a part of such a wonderful event. I can't wait for more fun times to come!

No comments: